We’ve aggregated many of the world’s best growth marketers into one community. Twice a month, we ask them to share their most effective growth tactics, and we compile them into this Growth Report.
This is how you stay up-to-date on growth marketing tactics — with advice that’s hard to find elsewhere.
Without further ado, on to our community’s advice.
Creating a robust churn-reversal system
Insights from Matthew Morley of Savvy
Generally, it’s far more efficient to keep a current client than it is to close a new one. You’ll want a system to help you identify which users are at risk of churning. This way, you can proactively reach out to them before they leave.
Start by identifying your high-value customers at risk of churning:
- Spending within the top 10% of time using your app?
- Has a substantial number of seats of your product?
- Or, say, has a company size of at least 50 people — reflecting their upselling potential?
- Is using the product 30% less in a given month
- Has submitted at least one non-trivial support ticket in the last month
- And has their subscription renew in less than 90 days
And so on.
You can stitch this information together from multiple sources like Stripe, Mixpanel, Crunchbase and Intercom. Then, set up an alert to notify your team once someone falls into these buckets.
Then reach out with something personal to win back their enthusiasm. It can be high leverage to get them on the phone to uncover what’s keeping them around.
Source: New feed